POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Memory Leak in SSE2 b3 : Re: Memory Leak in SSE2 b3 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Leak in SSE2 b3
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 4 May 2005 12:18:19
Message: <4278f5cb@news.povray.org>
Nathan Shomber wrote:
> After investigating further, I think the Closing bug may happen when you
> click the close button (X) while pov is in the stopping state.  Another odd
> fact is that POV continues to acquire more memory even though it is
> "stopping".
>
> -Nathan
>
> "Nathan Shomber" <nat### [at] rejgondcom> wrote in message

Hm, The memory increase while it's 'stopping' could be due to the
current sample's tracing progress taking more and more memory. Also,
could occur while computing photons. I don't remember if 3.7 has them
enabled or not. I'm just waiting for a more stable beta release before I
seriously play with it. It's a very early beta from what I can see, and
is still missing some features.

--
~Mike

Things! Billions of them!